Under the Microscope
This is the story of an extraordinary man, his many life-changing inventions, and his exceptional life and special friendships.
- He was one of the earliest, most inventive and enterprising pioneers of microsurgery;
- he designed instruments and microscopes for his operations; he did the first finger replacement on a child (for which he was sacked from the Sydney Children's Hospital, even though it was successful operation);
- co-led the team that completed the first successful hand transplant (whose recipient turned out to be an ex-con from New Zealand, who had lost his arm in jail);
- and trained the team that completed the first double-hand transplant.
- Earl Owen was the first surgeon to be able to reverse vasectomies and complete fallopian tube ligatures (using his microsurgical prowess).
- And he designed the chairs in the Sydney Opera House!
Welcome to Refer a Friend Rewards Programme.
Step 1: Create a new account.
Step 2: Add books to cart and you will receive 5% discount place an order.
Step3: On successful order your friend will receive rewards, that can be used to purchase books on your next order.