Fifteen years ago, Hugh Mackay wrote a bestseller called Reinventing Australia that analysed, with forensic skill, what was happening to our society. Now, in Advance Australia...Where? he takes another long, hard look at us. While we enjoy unprecedented levels of prosperity and the promise of more to come, we are still battling an epidemic of anxiety and depression, taking on record levels of debt, and yearning for a deeper sense of meaning in our lives. While many Australians complain about feeling powerless and isolated, Mackay sees some encouraging signs that we are learning how to absorb the impact of the revolutionary changes in our way of life.
What will the next generation of children be like?
- Why have we lost interest in politics?
- Why are our houses getting bigger while our households are shrinking?
- How serious is the surge of interest in 'values' and 'spirituality'?
- Is multiculturalism dead?
- Has our egalitarian ideal collapsed under the weight of a more competitive, more divided society? Mackay sees some encouraging signs that we are learning how to absorb the impact of the revolutionary changes that have reshaped us.
Welcome to Refer a Friend Rewards Programme.
Step 1: Create a new account.
Step 2: Add books to cart and you will receive 5% discount place an order.
Step3: On successful order your friend will receive rewards, that can be used to purchase books on your next order.