50 Bars to Blow Your Mind
From the people who have been delivering trustworthy guidebooks to every destination in the world for 40 years,Lonely Planet''s 50 Bars To Blow Your Mind handpicks the world''s most extraordinary drinking holes, from caverns and island party havens to a bar nestled in an ancient tree trunk.
This pocket-sized gift book showcases 50 of the world''s best bars and is the perfect gift for anyone interested in the best places in the world for a drink. Whether they boast a jaw-dropping location, world-class artisan cocktails or effortless cool, these bars are among the best places on the planet to enjoy a drink or two.
How have we whittled down this list? Some bars have earned their spot by playing up their obvious assets, whether it''s an interesting urban location or a stunning natural setting. Others are champions of the basics, be they cocktails or single liquors, while still others do something dramatically unusual or fun; some are so quirky it''s impossible not to marvel over a custom-made cocktail. But perhaps the secret sauce in all this is genuine desire to delight each person who walks through the door. It''s a love of hospitality and an enthusiasm for the precious drop.
Whether you''re a fan of barefoot, surfside imbibing or you prefer sophisticated cocktails in stylish surrounds, it''s time to plan your list. Cheers, salut, bottoms up. See you at the bar.
Wow factor // Beautiful bars
- Al Sarab // Dubai
- The Island Bar // Sydney
- Northern Lights // Reykjavik
- Ozone // Hong Kong
- Sky Bar // Bangkok
- Water & Wind Bar // Binh Duong
- White Rabbit // Moscow
Mixology // Cocktail bars
- Academia da Cachaca // Rio De Janeiro
- Attaboy // New York City
- Gen Yamamoto // Tokyo
- Lidkoeb // Copenhagen
- Monkey Bar // Berlin
- Smuggler''s Cove // San Francisco
- Sum Yi Tai // Singapore
- Tales & Spirits // Amsterdam
- Yuan Oyster & Cocktail Bar // Shanghai
A''brewin'' // Craft beer bars
- Delirium Cafe // Brussels
- Magnolia Brewing Company // San Francisco
- Petritegi Tolare Sagardotegia // San Sebastian
- T-Anker // Prague
- Torst // New York City
Shh! // Hidden bars
- Area 51 Top Secret Party Facility // Boracay
- Aux Deux Amis // Paris
- Cafe Madrigal // Havana
- El Quim de la Boqueria // Barcelona
- Gallow Green // New York City
- The Harrison Speakeasy // Buenos Aires
- The Jerry Thomas Project // Rome
Rhythm // Music & party bars
- 360Istanbul // Istanbul
- Bluefrog // Mumbai
- Linda''s Tavern // Seattle
- Opera Club // Warsaw
- Tooting Tram & Social // London
Whimsy // Quirky bars
- Baobab Tree Bar // Limpopo
- Bounce Ping Pong // London
- Le Comptoir General // Paris
- Icebar // Jukkasjarvi
- Joben Bistro // Cluj-Napoca
- Museum HR Giger Bar // Gruyeres
- The Storm Crow Tavern // Vancouver
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world''s leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet. Lonely Planet''s mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers'' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
''Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.'' - New York Times
''Lonely Planet. It''s on everyone''s bookshelves; it''s in every traveller''s hands. It''s on mobile phones. It''s on the Internet. It''s everywhere, and it''s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.'' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Welcome to Refer a Friend Rewards Programme.
Step 1: Create a new account.
Step 2: Add books to cart and you will receive 5% discount place an order.
Step3: On successful order your friend will receive rewards, that can be used to purchase books on your next order.